Instagram is a social media platform that is launched on 6th October 2010 which is developed in San Francisco by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger it’s a photo-sharing and video-sharing social networking service which is owned by Facebook. This app took eight weeks to build. The word Instagram means instant camera and telegram and it’s also called IG or insta. A version to android devices are released in 2012, April. It had rapid users of one billion within two months regarding a recent survey in May 2019 there are 1 billion users. The first photo on Instagram is posted in 2010 by Kelvin systrom. This is one of the most popular mobile applications as we can share photos, videos and its even a good platform for meeting new people.
What Are The Features offered In Instagram:
- Live Video:
This will be helpful fo0r the marketers to promote their brand. As all the followers will get a notification that you are going live and they can comment on the video in real-time after the live ends it won’t be saved in your account
- Features Offered In Stories:
This feature allows the user to add photos or videos on Instagram which will be visible for 24 hours. The stories acceptance is as given below
- A video recording up to 15 seconds as the status
- The image will be viewed up to 10 seconds
- There is no limit in the story addition
- There is an availability to message for stories
- You can only access the photos and videos on the camera roll from the last 24 hours
- There is a possibility to view which user had viewed your content
- You can also hide your status from some users they can’t see and reply to your story
- Push notifications to favorite account:
If you want to push notifications to the account you want there is a hidden feature on the mobile app. The procedure is as given below
Goto profile-> select three dots-> turn on post notifications
- Filter Availability:
There are about 40 Instagram filters. This allows you to select your filter by selecting the gear icon in the filter list.
- You Can Manage Multiple Instagram Accounts:
You can manage multiple Instagram accounts which will be helpful for marketers and businesses. You can manage a maximum of five Instagram accounts.
- Checking status activity:
There is a feature indicating that you are online, it’s indicated with a green dot to the people on Instagram.
IGTV means Instagram television, which allows you to share videos for up to one hour. This is one of the fastest-growing trends in content marketing as 80% of businesses are using this video marketing.
- Mute Account:
You can mute posts from certain followers there is no need to unfollow them. By this task, you have more control over the content you post.